Please click on the cottage name on the menu bar at the top of the page for a drop down menu for our prices, availability and photos.
Woodside is a few minutes from Newby Bridge and in a fabulous location that is within walking distance of Lakeside, Lake Windermere and High Dam.
It is a luxury, holiday cottage, that was a mill workers lodging house for the young men and boys from the Stott Park Bobbin Mill, near Newby Bridge and is over 225 years old!!
Today the Stott Park Bobbin Mill is owned by English Heritage. You’ll be staying in a piece of history! and it has just been featured on BBC1’s Hidden Heritage. A beautiful romantic retreat…….
Woodside has everything you need for a wonderful holiday: fabulous location,beautiful decorations, period features,superbly well equipped, delightful private gardens, free Wi Fi internet,log burner, secure private parking, books, dvd’s, CD’s, large flat screen TV with SKY HD, 2 bathrooms, downstairs loo and dogs welcome….you’ll want for nothing
- We are very child friendly with travel cot, high chair, stair gate, fire guard, baby bowls and plates……all free
In the lounge there is a fabulous inglenook fireplace dating back over 200 years with a log burner that makes the lounge very cosy for nights in with a bottle of wine.The oak beams and window seats within its three foot thick walls make for a room full of character. You can sit in cosy comfort and watch our large flat screen TV with SKY HD whilst you enjoy the romance of a real fire – what could be better?
- Master bedroom (double) is furnished in designer fabrics and has an ensuite
- The other two bedrooms( 1 double and 1 twin) are also furnished in designer fabrics and furniture to compliment the cottage and all bedrooms are well equipped with hairdryers, mirrors, plenty of storage and hanging space and cushioned window seats.
- In the family bathroom you have the option of a power shower over the bath to revitalise you or a long,luxury soak in a modern contempory setting.
- We have parking for 2 cars with visitor parking nearby
- Woodside has two gardens :the cottage garden, which is a real sun trap with stunning views of the distant mountains and the patio garden which is wonderful for eating alfresco. Both gardens are safe and secure for little ones and dogs.
- We have a high chair, stair gate and travel cot , all available free of charge.
- Four of the top ten Lake District visitor attractions are within walking….you can forget the car, all the attractions of the Lakes are only minutes away- our location is hard to beat.